|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - October 8, 2004
A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed. - Henrik Ibsen
Source: Carol's Thought for Today, http://www.kalama.com/~carola/
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
God, you see, is much like the judge who was trying the case of a young woman charged with speeding.
"How do you plead?" he asked her.
"Guilty," she said.
"That will be $75 or seven days in jail," he told her.
And then he rose from his chair, took off his judge's robe, walked around the bench to the side of the young woman, and paid the $75 fine himself.
The judge, you see, was the young woman's father.
As a good judge, after all, he had no other option but to find her guilty. She had broken the law, and the law must be upheld.
As her father, however, he chose to take her punishment upon himself. He paid the fine. . .
But he did so only after she had admitted her guilt!
In much the same way, Jesus "pays the price" for our sins when we admit our guilt. Like David, we may sin, but we can turn our backs on those sins. Like David, the record of our sins may be marked "paid in full by Jesus" if we repent.
By Arnold Wallenkampf
Source: Signs of the Times, Copyright (c) May 1990, Pacific Press, http://www.signstimes.com
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
How To Tell If You're Over The Hill:
- Your arms are almost too short to read the newspaper.
- You buy shoes with crepe rubber soles.
- The only reason you're still awake at 2 a.m. is indigestion.
- People ask you what color your hair used to be.
- You enjoy watching the news.
- Your car must have four doors.
- You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
- You have a dream about prunes.
- You browse the bran cereal section in the grocery store.
- You start worrying when your supply of Ben Gay is low.
- You think a C.D. is a certificate of deposit.
- You have more than 2 pair of glasses.
- You read the obituaries daily.
- Your biggest concern when dancing is falling.
- You enjoy hearing about other peoples operations.
- You wear black socks with sandals.
- You know all the warning signs of a heart attack.
Source: Laugh & Lift, http://www.premiumhealth.com/laughlift/
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
As my five year old son and I were headed to McDonald's one day, we passed a car accident. Usually when we see something terrible like that, we say a prayer for those who might be hurt, so I pointed and said to my son, "We should pray."
From the back seat I heard his earnest request: "Please, God, don't let those cars block the entrance to McDonald's."
Source: The Funnies, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/andychaps_the-funnies
The prisoners of a small Brazilian jail are paying the bills in exchange for better conditions.
The eight inmates at Amontada, northeastern Brazil, pay the prison's monthly water, energy and rent bills.
Police chief Fabio Feitosa told Terra Noticias Populares: "This was their idea.
"They asked to pay the bills and in exchange they can have TV, air conditioning and beds with mattresses in their cells."
Source: Ananova http://www.ananova.com