|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - March 13, 2007
He who sees the calamity of other people, finds his own calamity light. - Arabian Proverb
Source: Carol's Thought for Today, http://home.comcast.net/~mrs.carol/
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
My oldest son loves to smile. In almost every picture of him from infancy to the present day, he has a huge smile on his face. He doesn’t just smile for the camera either. I notice that he also smiles at himself in the mirror after he shaves and brushes his teeth. He also shares that smile when he says "good morning" to me in the morning and "I love you" to me at night. He also shares that smile when we joke, laugh, and play. He also shares that smile when he greets all of his friends at school, on the street, and everywhere he sees them. He also shares that smile along with his warm, friendly, and happy spirit with the whole world everyday of his life.
Why does my son spread so much love and joy to the world? Why does his smile light up the days of so many of us? How does he do it in spite of his handicaps and all the difficulties he must daily face? The answer is simple. He likes himself. He likes himself and he loves who he is even with all of his limitations. He enjoys each day God gives him here and delights in sharing his happiness with everyone. He loves life, he loves God, he loves himself, and he loves others.
Norman Vincent Peale said: "It is of practical value to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship." Don’t be afraid to like yourself. Don’t be afraid to love yourself. Smile in the mirror. Dance in the sunshine. Greet everyone you meet with a grinning face and a cheerful heart. Laugh and be happy in your life. Take pleasure in becoming who you were meant to be just as my son does.
God put you here for a reason and hating yourself isn’t a part of it. You are a Child of God. You are a being of light. You are a creator of happiness. You are a smiling messenger of goodness. You were created in love, by love, and to love. Like who you are then, love who you are becoming, and always share that person with the whole world.
By Joseph J. Mazzella, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
More of Joseph’s writings:
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
A Quiz To Hurt Your Brain
1. A man is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in three years. Which room is safest for him?
2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over five minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But five minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
3. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?
4. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it and gray when you throw it away?
5. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday?
6. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.
Answers to Quiz:
1. The third room. Lions that haven't eaten in three years are dead.
2. The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it and hung it up to dry.
3. Freeze them first. Take them out of the jugs and put the ice in the barrel. You will be able to tell which water came from which jug.
4. The answer is charcoal.
5. Yesterday, today and tomorrow.
6. The letter "e," which is the most common letter in the English language, does not appear
once in the long paragraph.
Submitted by Malladi Murthy in India
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
When I was 30, I worked as a kindergarten teacher. One day as I was talking to the children seated on the floor around me, I absentmindedly removed my glasses to clean them. “Wow, Miss Cummings!” one child exclaimed. “You look really different without your glasses on!” Another child piped up, “I bet she looks different when she takes her teeth out, too!”
Submitted by Lorraine
How well do dogs smell?
Because of their acute sense of smell, dogs are trained to sniff out everything from drugs to bombs to iron ore. In Ontario, Canada, instruments couldn't locate where natural gas was escaping from a pipeline buried 18 feet underground. Trained German shepherds were brought in. The dogs worked in sub-zero temperatures and covered nearly 100 miles of frozen ground, ultimately finding more than 150 gas leaks.
Source: ArcaMax - Trivia, http://tinyurl.com/9kf44