|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - December 18, 2001
"If you hear a different drummer, take a chance. The road you choose to travel means the difference in the dance." - Daniel Morgan
Source: Quotes From The Masters, http://mailroom.dailyinbox.com/
Subjects: Goals, Occupations, Mission
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
THE UNKNOWN WORKMAN
By Henry B. Knox
He was a humble workman
With the tools with which he wrought
And he built a common stable,
Or so it was, he thought!
And he fashioned there a manger
Where the cattle could be fed,
Never thinking that the Savior
Would pillow there His head.
He had only built a stable
With a manger in the stall,
Yet it cradled there the Christ-child,
Who is King and Lord of all!
So although our task be humble,
Let us work each day with care;
For we may not know God's purpose,
Or why He placed us there.
Source: The Timothy Report, Copyright (c) 2001 Swan Lake Communications, http://www.swanlake.twoffice.com
Subjects: Christmas, Nativity, Work, Faith
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
GUESS THE CHRISTMAS SONG:
Each of these synonyms is a common Christmas song or saying. How many can you translate? Answers are below.
1. Move forward the entire assembly of those who are loyal in their belief.
2. Listen, the celestial messengers produce harmonious sounds.
3. Nocturnal time-span of unbroken quietness.
4. An emotion excited by the acquisition or expectation of good given to the terrestrial sphere.
5. Adorn the interior passageways.
6. Small masculine master of skin-covered percussion instrument.
7. Twelve o'clock on a clement night witnessed its arrival.
8. The Christmas preceding all others.
9. Small municipality in Judea southeast of Jerusalem.
10. Expectation of arrival of masculine yearly gift giver.
1. Oh Come All Ye Faithful
2. Hark, the Herald Angels Sing
3. Silent Night
4. Joy To The World
5. Deck the Halls
6. Little Drummer Boy
7. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
8. The First Noel
9. Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem
10. Here Comes Santa Claus
Submitted by Wing Noel
Subjects: Christmas, Music, Tests
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
Point to ponder:
Christmas is weird. What other time of the year do you sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of your socks?
Source: Monday Fodder firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Subscribe_Monday_Fodder
When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2,000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2,000-step process."
A 2nd Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul, By Canfield, Jack; Hansen, Mark Victor, Published by Health Communications, Inc. Copyright (c) April 1995, ISBN: 1558743316, http://isbn.nu/1558743316/price
Submitted by Alice Bryan
Subjects: Inventions, Lightbulbs, Failure