|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - October 2, 2002
The real tragedy of life is not in being limited to one talent, but in the failure to use that one talent. - Edgar W. Work
Source: The Funnies, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/andychaps_the-funnies
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
TIPS FOR STAYING YOUNG:
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop;" the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things. When the children are young, that is all that you can afford. When they are in college, that is all that you can afford. When you are on retirement, that is all that you can afford!
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. Laugh so much that you can be tracked in the store by your distinctive laughter.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be alive while you are alive, don't put out a mailbox on the highway of death and just wait in residence for your mail.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it is family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Go to the mall, the next county, a foreign country, but not to guilt country.
10. Tell the people you love, that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER, Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Submitted by Norma Lasser
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
Church Bulletin Bloopers
Come observe the start of Lint with us.
The audience is asked to remain seated until the end of the recession.
Remember, the grand opening and dedication of the new worship center Sunday, March 10th. Ushers are asked to arrive early to help create visitors.
As we start our new choir season, please come help pack the loft. I know you will receive a special blessing by taking a part in the Worship Choir Mystery.
Source: Sermon Fodder, http://www.sermonfodder.com
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
A caller to our national travel agency was inquiring about quarantine regulations for transporting birds into Canada from the United States. I gave him the information.
He thanked me and then said, "May I ask a question? What do they do about the birds that just fly over the border?"
From: Reader's Digest, "All In a Day's Work," http://www.readersdigest.com/
Source: Clean Hewmor, http://associate.com/lists.shtml
Where WAS the World's Largest Waterfall?
The world's largest waterfall has been drowned by a dam. The lake created by the dam is so big and so deep that the site of the falls -- 190 km (118 miles) upstream from the dam -- is now just an underwater cliff. The drowned waterfall is the Guaira Falls, on the Parana River between Paraguay and Brazil. The falls had a maximum height of 114m (347 ft), far less than several other waterfalls. But the amount of water flowing over them was more than double the flow of Niagara Falls and 12 times the flow over Victoria Falls.
Source: "Reader's Digest Book of Facts," by Reader's Digest, Published by Putnam Pub Group (T), Copyright (c) June 1, 1995, ISBN: 0895776928, http://isbn.nu/0895776928