|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - May 9, 2007
"Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end." - Scott Adams
Submitted by Malladi Murthy in India
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
Randy Frazee has written a book called The Connecting Church. He has a son who was born without a left hand. One day in Sunday School the teacher was talking with the children about the church. To illustrate her point she folded her hands together and said, “Here’s the church, here’s the steeple; open the doors and see all the people.”
She asked the class to do it along with her – obviously not thinking about Frazee's son’s inability to pull this exercise off. Then it dawned on her that the boy wouldn’t be able to join in.
Before she could do anything about it, the little boy next to Frazee's son, a friend of his from the time they were babies, reached out his left hand and said, “Let’s do it together.” The two boys proceeded to join their hands together to make the church and the steeple.
From: The Connecting Church by Randy Frazee, http://isbn.nu/9780310233084
Source: SermonCentral Weekly Newsletter,
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
1. The one who makes it, sells it. The one who buys it, never uses it. The one that uses it, never knows that he's using it. What is it?
2. What do fish play on the piano?
3. What do you call a boomerang that doesn't work?
4. What do you call three rabbits in a row, hopping backwards simultaneously?
5. What do you get from a pampered cow?
6. What do you throw out when you want to use it, but take in when you don't want to use it?
7. What has more lives than a cat?
8. What is Beethoven doing in his coffin right now?
9. What is the biggest ant?
10. What won't break if you throw off the highest building in the world, but will break if you place it in the ocean?
11. What's better than the best thing and worse than the worst thing?
12. What's happening when you hear "woof...splat...meow...splat?"
13. Why were the screams coming from the kitchen ?
1. A coffin.
3. A stick.
4. A receding hareline.
5. Spoiled milk.
6. An anchor.
7. A frog. It croaks every night.
9. An elephant.
10. A tissue.
12. It's raining cats and dogs.
13. The cook was beating the eggs.
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
Eight and a half months very pregnant with twins, I was used to getting nervous glances from strangers. But I never realized how imposing I was until my husband and I went out to dinner at a new restaurant. The hostess sat us at our table, took a long look at my stomach and asked, "Would you like me to get you a high chair just in case?"
Submitted by Lorraine
Check out this Google Feature
Type your telephone number (in this format: 555-123-4567) into Google's search bar and click the search button. (This probably only works with US phone numbers.)
If this phone number is in the Google data base Google search results will show the name associated with this phone number. The results will also include any indexed web pages that contain this phone number. You will also be able to click on an icon and find directions to the city where this phone number is located. Google's search page is:
For instructions on searching for this information with other parts of a name and address visit:
If you need to correct your name, address and phone number or exclude it form the Google data base visit:
This webpage also gives links to other data bases that have reverse phone number lookup.
Submitted by Pat